YASA ET High Voltage Pulsed Electrocoagulation (HVPEC) technology generates an electrochemical reaction with the help of an external pulsed high voltage to convert electrical energy into chemical energy for the treatment of the most difficult wastewaters.
High Voltage Pulsed Electrocoagulation (HVPEC) Overview
A metal cation flocculant is produced by the sacrificial anode metal electrode, and the pollutants are separated from the water body through coagulation, floatation, reduction and oxidative decomposition to achieve a technology for purifying the water body.
The new generation of high-voltage pulse electro-flocculation (HVPEC) water treatment technology is a new type of technology for environmental protection.
Years of R&D and application practice have achieved serialized production, installation and commissioning of complete sets of equipment, stable and reliable product quality and professional engineering processing technical services.
Solutions can be developed according to different wastewater conditions and customer needs to achieve the best environmental and economic benefits. YASA ET developed a treatment process based on high-voltage pulse electro-flocculation (HVPEC). Our water treatment proprietary technology and equipment, combined with biological treatment technology and membrane technology, achieves the best results for the treatment of the most difficult waste waters. Get in touch now with our experts to get a solution for your wastewater.
Electrocoagulation Technology Applications For Wastewater Treatment
Many wastewater treatment and reclaimed water reuse projects have been successfully completed for:
Heavy metal wastewater (electroplating, circuit boards, alumina, metallurgy, surface treatment);
Industrial wastewater (textile dyes, printing and dyeing, chemicals, papermaking, pharmaceutical, coal chemical industry);
Complex organic wastewater (oil field, machine processing, acidified oil, high concentration refractory, kitchen waste leachate, domestic waste leachate).
High-voltage pulse electrocoagulation equipment is the latest generation of electrochemical water treatment equipment. YASA ET technology breaks through the traditional electrolysis method of low voltage and high current, and, on the contrary, adopts the electrolysis method of high voltage and low current (high voltage pulse electrocoagulation method - HVES). Using the principle of electrochemistry, an electrochemical reaction is generated by the action of an external high voltage, and the electrical energy is converted into chemical energy.
In a specific reaction tank, the organic or inorganic pollutants in the wastewater are oxidized and reduced. Separating pollutants from water bodies can effectively remove heavy metals such as Cr, Zn, Ni, Cu, Cd, CN, grease, phosphate, and various harmful pollutants such as COD, SS, and chromaticity in wastewater.
The technical principle of high-voltage pulse electro-flocculation mainly integrates four main functions electrolytic reactions:
These reactions decompose and separate pollutants in water in an all-round way. And three auxiliary functions: removing bacteria, decolorization, deodorization.
Electrocoagulation Equipment Functions
The electrode plate of the electro flocculation equipment can be made of different materials according to the different substances to be removed to produce strong flocculation, strong oxidation, strong reduction, strong air flotation, etc. To achieve the best treatment effect, iron, aluminum, titanium, graphite, lead dioxide, etc. are often used. Each material has its own suitable application field.
The design of electro flocculation equipment and the selection of electrode plates are determined through a large number of research and development experiments and rich engineering practice experience. According to a large number of experiments, the effect of electro flocculation equipment on the removal of various impurities in wastewater is as follows:
(1) According to the source of oily sewage, the composition and existence of oil pollutants in the water body are also different. There are roughly five forms of oil in sewage water: suspended oil, dispersed oil, emulsified oil, dissolved oil, and oil-solid. Among them, suspended oil, dispersed oil, and oil-solids can be better removed by simple mechanical separation or air flotation separation.
The type of oil that is most difficult to handle is emulsified oil. The oil is in the form of an emulsion in water, and it is easy to form O/W emulsified particles with a particle size of less than 1 μm. The surface is often covered with a negatively charged double layer, and the system is relatively stable. It is not easy to float on the water surface, and it is more difficult to handle.
The electro-flocculation equipment can make the charged emulsified oil particles migrate directionally by the action of its strong electric field, neutralize the electric nucleus on the surface of the electrode plate, and realize the destabilization and polymerization.
The electric double layer structure can achieve the effect of demulsification, and the large number of microbubbles generated by the synergistic reaction can be removed by air flotation after demulsification, and the removal rate can reach more than 90%. It has been verified from practical experience that for oil production sewage from oil fields and oily sewage from oil refineries, when the oil content in the influent is several hundred to tens of thousands of mg/L, the effluent can reach below 50 mg/L.
(2) There are many kinds of organic matter in COD industrial wastewater, and the composition is also very complex. The kinds of organic matter vary according to different industries. According to its solubility, it can be divided into soluble organic matter and insoluble organic matter, and according to its biodegradability, it can be divided into easily biodegradable organic matter and difficult biodegradable organic matter.
Electro-flocculation technology has a good removal effect on high-concentration organics that are difficult to biochemically degrade. Electro flocculation technology utilizes high-efficiency electrolytic flocculation to generate highly active flocculation groups with strong adsorption, which has a good removal effect on insoluble macromolecular organic matter. At the same time, combined with electrical flotation and electro-oxidation, it can further improve the removal rate of organic matter, especially for organic matter that is difficult to biochemically degrade, the chemical bond can be cut through strong oxidation, and the biodegradability of organic matter can be improved.
Combined with biochemical treatment methods The purpose of fully degrading COD can be achieved. Electro flocculation technology is aimed at the removal rate of COD. According to different water quality conditions, the removal rate is generally 30%-80%.
(3) Generally, heavy metal ions in wastewater are: copper, chromium, nickel, iron, manganese, zinc, etc. For the removal of iron and manganese ions, iron and manganese ions are generally converted into high-valent oxides and hydroxides by aeration method, so that they are converted from ionic state to insoluble state and precipitated from water, and then removed by filtration.
The electro-flocculation technology generates OH ions in the water during the power-on reaction process, and combines with iron and manganese ions to form insoluble precipitation, and then cooperates with sand filter equipment to effectively remove heavy metal ions in the water. The removal rate can reach 80%-99%.
For the removal of chromium ions, it is mainly aimed at Cr in electroplating wastewater. Due to the high toxicity of Cr, it needs to be reduced to less toxic Cr first, and then neutralized and precipitated by Cr and OH. Electro-flocculation technology electrolyzes to produce divalent Fe. As a reducing agent, it can fully convert Cr in water into low-valent Cr, and then combine with the OH produced by the reaction to generate precipitates for separation and removal. The removal rate of chromium ions by electroflocculation technology can reach more than 95%.
(4) Turbidity, suspended solids electro-flocculation technology is very effective for colloidal particles and various impurity particles in water because of its efficient flocculation. The adsorption and flocculation of the flocculant makes the tiny particles in the water aggregate into larger flocs, and the flocs formed are larger and denser than the flocs formed by adding flocculants, so as to facilitate the separation of sedimentation and interception from the water. The electro-flocculation technology combined with sedimentation and filtration technology can control the turbidity of the effluent below 3NTU. If the turbidity of the raw water is very high (>100NTU), it is only necessary to simply change the operating parameters to achieve and treat the lower turbidity water. the same flocculation effect. The removal rate of turbidity and suspended solids by electroflocculation technology can reach more than 90%.
(5) Color is generally determined by It is caused by functional groups in organic matter, such as wastewater from printing and dyeing and dye industries, and its chromaticity is very high. Electroflocculation technology has a very good effect on the removal of high chroma water, such as textile wastewater. Its strong oxidation and strong reduction can destroy the chromophore functional groups of organic matter and reduce the chroma of water quality. The removal rate of electrocoagulation technology for chroma is generally greater than 80%.
(6) Bacteria and virus. Electrocoagulation technology uses the strong electric field between the plates and the oxidation of the strong oxidizing groups generated by the reaction to remove and kill bacteria and viruses in the water, and the removal rate can reach more than 80%.
YASA ET can help you find a solution to your wastewater treatment. Kindly get in touch with our team at:
🌐 www.yashahuanjing.cn (中文）
📱 +86 136 3643 1077
Visit YASA ET official online store, click here.
If you want to test our Electrocoagulation technology, we offer testing solutions. Click here to find out more.